- Annual “Give-Away” – Clothing, household items, toys, etc., are handed out to those in need (through coordination with our local schools), this event usually takes place at the beginning of August.
- Thanksgiving Baskets – Items for a Thanksgiving Dinner, along with other additional items are provided to families in need (through coordination with our local schools); also provide a turkey to local nursing and group homes.
- Angel Tree – Christmas gifts are provided to children and local nursing home residents (through coordination with our local schools and nursing homes).
- Poinsettias and Easter Lilies – Coordinate ordering and display of Christmas poinsettias and Easter lilies and deliver those donated by the purchasers to various nursing and group homes.
- Books – Collect and donate books to local elementary schools.
- VBS – Support our Vacation Bible School programs as needed.
- Easter Egg Hunt – Sponsor our annual Easter egg hunt, operated by the Public Events Committee.
- Christmas Cards – Coordinate collection of Christmas cards to be signed by the congregation and given to local nursing home residents and home-bound congregation members.
- Birthday Gifts – Gifts are provided to residents of Rolling Meadows and Golden Living nursing homes who don’t receive any gifts or don’t have family (through coordination with the nursing homes).
- Clothing and Hygiene Products – Clothing and hygiene items are provided to students and nursing home residents (including graduating seniors, school clothes cabinets, nursing home residents who arrive without clothing, and other general needs).
- Donations – Make donations to various organizations and causes (families experiencing medical emergencies, domestic violence, tornado victims, etc.).
- Clothing Inventory – Maintain an inventory of clothing, household items, etc., to be handed out upon request.
- RUMC Food Pantry – Assist persons in need of food, in coordination with Public Events Committee.
The mission of the Outreach Committee is to assist Rogersville UMC in reaching out to the local community and beyond to assist them in times of need.
Generous monetary and material donations, along with input from the congregation and the public, enables this committee to develop and achieve their goals and projects. Currently, an Outreach collection is taken on the fourth Sunday of each month. The next collection is listed on our calendar.
Terry J., Chair